YNPN Greater Bflo coordinates events and programming to empower and connect young nonprofit professionals. This includes networking events, professional development workshops, and bringing in guest speakers to share their experiences, insights, and professional perspectives to inform your own nonprofit career journey.
Social & Service Networking – opportunities to serve the community and/or network with other nonprofit professionals.
- July 25th | 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. | Lafayette Brewing Company– Summer Happy Hour. Join YNPN Greater Buffalo for a night of casual networking! Cool off with us at Lafayette Brewing Co. with good food and cold drinks! Open to members and friends of YNPN Greater Bflo. Light appetizers and a cash bar will be available. This event is free, but please be sure to register so we can get an accurate head count.
Professional & Leadership Development – workshops, presentations, or conversations centered around skill development and competencies for emerging nonprofit leaders.
- May 1st | 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. | Heritage Christian Services– Maximizing Your Personal Brand. MEMBERS ONLY WORKSHOP. (New Date) Join YNPN Greater Bflo for an evening session on how to transform your LinkedIn profile into a strong reflection of your personal brand. We’ll show you tips and tricks on how to get the most from your profile… and how to set one up if you don’t have one already! You’ll walk away with actionable insights that will help you showcase your “brand” (your skills, experience, and professional interests). This will set you up for success not only for a job search, but for success in your current role as well!
- May 21st | 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. | The Establishment– Crafting Cocktails and Financial Plans with The Establishment. MEMBERS ONLY WORKSHOP. Together, we’ll explore topics like what your goals and dreams mean to your bigger financial picture and what you should have on hand to mix a killer cocktail at home. Best of all, we’ll sample craft creations and enjoy delicious snacks along the way.
- June 25th | 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. | Buffalo Distilling Company– Interview Tip Panel. Become an interviewing pro! Join YNPN Greater Bflo for a panel discussion on ways to “wow” prospective employers during the interview process. Members of WNY’s HR community will present tips and best practices for interviewing across all sectors, followed by 1-on-1 opportunities for mock interviews. Please bring 5 copies of your resume or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have access to a printer.
Self Care Series – providing ways for nonprofit professionals to find balance between work and life and recharge so that they can best serve the community.
Coffee Power Hours – small group networking opportunities centered around a topic at a local coffee shop, every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- May 8th | 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m. |Tipico Coffee– Financial Wellness. THIS MONTH’S TOPIC: How do you manage your financial wellness? Share some of your best tips and learn from your peers!
- June 12th | 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m. |Perks Cafe– Becoming a Leader in Your Role. THIS MONTH’S TOPIC: As a young nonprofit professional, how have you become a leader in your role?
- July 10th | 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m. |Caffe Aroma– TBD. THIS MONTH’S TOPIC: To be determined!
CHECK BACK FOR MORE 2019 PROGRAMMING
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
If you have an event that you’d like us to add to our community calendar, or if you know of a professional development opportunity for young professionals in WNY, email us and let us know so we can share with the entire network!