YNPN Greater Bflo coordinates events and programming to empower and connect young nonprofit professionals. This includes networking events, professional development workshops, and bringing in guest speakers to share their experiences, insights, and professional perspectives to inform your own nonprofit career journey.
Social & Service Networking – opportunities to serve the community and/or network with other nonprofit professionals.
- October 18th | 5:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m. | Wellington Pub– Speed Networking. Networking events can be, well, awkward. If you’ve ever spilled your drink or dropped your tiny plate of appetizers while trying to go for a handshake, this low-key event is for you! You’ll have a chance to network with other young nonprofit professionals while also hearing tips for building meaningful networks from Leadership Buffalo’s Jenna Luehrsen. Cost is $5 for members and $15 for friends of YNPN Greater Bflo. Light dinner fare will be served!
Professional & Leadership Development – workshops, presentations, or conversations centered around skill development and competencies for emerging nonprofit leaders.
- November 7th | 5:45 p.m.-7:15 p.m. | Buffalo State College– Engage Followers on Instagram & Instagram Stories. Do you manage the Instagram account at your nonprofit organization? Does your organization even have an Instagram? Right now, 55% of Instagram’s users are 18-29 years old and 28% are 30-49. That is a huge audience and your organization shouldn’t miss out on engaging them on this platform. Learn ways to optimize your posts’ views and engagement on this platform and target key audiences from our presenter, Julia Jornsay-Silverberg. This event is FREE for members and only $5 for friends of YNPN Greater Bflo.
Self Care Series – providing ways for nonprofit professionals to find balance between work and life and recharge so that they can best serve the community.
Coffee Power Hours – small group networking opportunities centered around a topic at a local coffee shop, every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- October 10th | 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m. | Caffeology– Networking. THIS MONTH’S TOPIC: What are your favorite places or groups for networking in Buffalo? How have you grown your network? This month, it’s all about connections.
- November 7th | 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m. | Sweet_ness 7 Cafe– Work/Life Balance. THIS MONTH’S TOPIC: This time of year can be especially hard to maintain a work/life balance. With family and friend commitments, work commitments, and volunteering commitments, how do you maintain balance?
- December 12th | 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m. | Undergrounds Coffee House– Volunteering. THIS MONTH’S TOPIC: How does volunteering fit into your life? To kick off the holiday season, we want to talk about volunteering when it comes to your career and your life. Are there great organizations utilizing volunteers in really impactful ways? We want to talk about it!
CHECK BACK FOR MORE 2018-2019 PROGRAMMING
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
If you have an event that you’d like us to add to our community calendar, or if you know of a professional development opportunity for young professionals in WNY, email us and let us know so we can share with the entire network!