YNPN Greater Bflo coordinates events and programming to empower and connect young nonprofit professionals. This includes networking events, professional development workshops, and bringing in guest speakers to share their experiences, insights, and professional perspectives to inform your own nonprofit career journey.
Professional & Leadership Development – workshops, presentations, or conversations centered around skill development and competencies for emerging nonprofit leaders.
Self Care Series – providing ways for nonprofit professionals to find balance between work and life and recharge so that they can best serve the community.
Social & Service Networking – opportunities to serve the community and/or network with other nonprofit professionals.
Coffee Power Hours – small group networking opportunities centered around a topic at a local coffee shop, every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
ALL EVENTS REQUIRE ONLINE REGISTRATION: Hover over event title to register on Eventbrite page.
- Cover Letter Workshop: October 23rd | 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. | Buffalo Distilling Company
- YNPN Greater Buffalo is partnering with Niagara University’s Career Services Office to bring you a cover letter workshop! This is the last in our series on career development in 2019.Staff members from Niagara University’s Career Services Office will present tips and best practices for writing an effective cover letter, followed by a roundtable discussion to review a few live cover letters.
- This event is free for members and $15 for the public
- Program Agenda:
5:00-5:30 Check in and Registration
6:30-7:30 Roundtable Review + Networking
- Coffee Power Hour PLUS: November 13th | 7:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. |Starbucks at 5165 Main St. in Williamsville
- Topic: Overcoming Age Stereotypes in the Workplace
- Free for members, $5 for the public
- Holiday Volunteering: December 7th | 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. |Seneca Street Church
- Give back this holiday season with YNPN Greater Bflo
- This event is free and open to to the first 10 people to sign up
- Coffee Power Hour: December 11th | 7:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. |Public Espresso
- Topic: Volunteering
- Free and open to everyone
CHECK BACK FOR 2020 PROGRAMMING
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
If you have an event that you’d like us to add to our community calendar, or if you know of a professional development opportunity for young professionals in WNY, email us and let us know so we can share with the entire network!